Monday, December 15, 2014

Three Highlights of Vienna

In Vienna, we went to see the pandas at the zoo. The zoo was next to Schloß Schönbrunn. 


There were two pandas. One was a mommy panda and the other was the baby. They were cute! And cuddly! And I wanted to hug them. :-) 






We also saw big hippopotami up close! They put their bottoms into our faces in the window!


When we went to the gift shop I got a pink panda and I named her Cherry! Ashley got a doe named Prancer. I love Cherry!!!


I also enjoyed the children's art area at a Christmas market outside the old Rathaus. Ashley and I made tile boxes and candles. It was fun.






Our last night in Vienna we went to the Prater which is an amusement park. What we didn't know was that during winter most of the rides are closed! We also noticed that there are size and age limits on some of the rides. Most of the age limits were 10 years old soI couldn't ride some. We thought it was going to be a fun night, but it was kind of a let down.

Then we took an overnight train ride to get back home to Lucca. We slept in bunk beds in sleeper cars on the train. Mommy and I got to sleep in the same cabin! (Dad note: sorry I forgot to take a picture of the room after it was converted into a bedroom. The chairs tuck away and out of the wall folds a set of bunks! Really cool use of space.).


Here are a few more pictures from other things we saw.





I'm tired. :-) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a let down to go to an amusement park and everything be closed. Cherry is very cute. I saw a Bubble Guppies ornament and thought of you.

Stacey said...

Ha ha ha Julie, Arya asked me what Bubble Guppies is. How quickly they forget. She's SO into pandas now.