Thursday, May 28, 2015

Paris for My Birthday

For my birthday we went to Disneyland Paris!





We stayed in the Disneyland Hotel.



Here are some things I enjoyed. Crush’s Coaster is one of my favorite rides at any roller coaster park. You sit in a shell and spin around while you’re on a dark roller coaster. It goes really, really fast! I was closing my eyes though so I didn’t see what was there. Another ride that I liked was Big Thunder Mountain. The one in Paris is different than the one in California because when you start you go down into a tunnel that takes you under the water and the actual ride is on an island! We went on it 5 or 6 times! RC Racer is a half loop where you go back and forth up both sides. It’s kind of hard to explain, but really fun! Ashley also went on Tower of Terror for the first time, but I was still a little too scared. The saddest part was that Space Mountain, which  is different than in California and has a loop, was closed!



While we were at Disneyland, I got to meet Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Mickey! My favorite Disney character is Pluto. I had a Pluto pen for my autograph book and he thought that was silly. Donald gave me a really big hug!





Another fun thing we did at The Studios (Dad note: that’s the other Disney park in Paris next door to Disneyland Paris, similar to the one in Florida at Disney World) was the Artist Studios. We learned to draw a bunch of Disney characters including Stitch, Winnie the Pooh, Daisy, and Mickey. We went back over and over because it was so fun!



After Disneyland, we went to the city of Paris. It was one of my favorite cities we’ve been to this year! We arrived there on May 15, which is the day before my birthday. That night we had a scheduled time to go up the Eiffel Tower which was at 11:00 at night. 




We went up only to the second floor because our tickets didn’t get us to the very top. We took pictures and got to look through a telescope around Paris and saw the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame. We stayed up there long enough that the minute I turned 8 I was on the Eiffel Tower! 


It was very fun!

The next day we went to the Louvre, a very famous museum which has so, so, so, so much art, including the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, and Venus de Milo.




The room with the Mona Lisa was very crowded. We had to wait a long time to get to the front of the crowd to see it.



Before we went to the museum I picked out a statue of a blue hippo I saw online that I wanted to find when we visited. It was in the Egyptian section of the museum. We started looking and couldn’t find it. Do you see it yet? Nope! Keep looking…still can’t find it. Up levels, down levels. Nope! Finally we found it in the last room of the Egyptian section. We actually think the one we found isn’t quite the right one because it didn’t look exactly right and there was a sign next to the one we found that said another one was on loan to another museum.


Close enough!

We also went to the Arc de Triomphe, which is on the Champs Élysées.


Also Notre Dame where I got a birthday cupcake with a candle and we got to tour the bell tower.





We also went on a boat tour where everyone went “Wooooooooooo!” any time we went under a bridge. Another day we went to Versailles which was the palace of King Louis XIV and was very boring and crowded.


We stopped at the Centre Pompidou which has very modern art that is very cool.




Paris is definitely one of my favorite cities we’ve gone to!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great birthday trip!!! Looks like so much fun!

Stacey said...

Hi Julie! I thought of you often as we were at Disneyland Paris. We waited as our usual tradition to go get ice cream on main street while we waited for the fireworks and evening show but would you believe that when we got there it was already closed?! It was only 9:30. I said to Dave, "This would never happen in CA!"